The second part of our journey led us to the relatively unknown country Malawi.
Our 12h bus journey with 39 singing African nuns can be considered as a real African experience. In the beginning we enjoyed it but when they started eating and handed around slimy sausages and smelly fish we started to develop plans how to get rid of them.
Unfortunately we did not leave them behind crossing the border to Malawi � although it took them more than an hour to fill in the entry cards.
We arrived in the capital shortly before midnight and despite of the risks driving around in a taxi during night (Lilongwe is said to be really dangerous) we decided not to stay a night with the nuns in the bus. We arrived safely in a guesthouse and finally got rid of the holy singing.


The next day we wasted our time waiting for 5 h at a bus station. We tried to make the best out of it enjoying our first beer at 10 and entertaining the other passengers with our Western behavior. The bus never showed up. So we were forced to take a minibus where around 20 people were squeezed in like sardines. Looking back I would say this was our most interesting bus ride: opposite of us sat a young mother showing her naked breast in order to feed her youngest child. The evil baby had nothing better to do than pulling constantly at the mother�s nipples. Autsch! After 3 hours without the slightest possibility to put even one foot one the ground an awful smell overwhelmed us. A girl around 12 pooed in her pants. This event motivated her younger siblings to follow her example which led to a chain reaction of vomiting women. Standing outside watching the people cleaning themselves and their kids all we could to was laughing. For the rest of the ride we tried not to breathe through our nose.

After a night in a cozy guesthouse in Mzuzu we arrived in Nkhata Bay, a small fishermen village directly at the Lake. Our guesthouse was awesome and we spent the following 1,5 days chilling at the terrace, swimming in the clear water of the Malawi Lake and enjoying fresh fish. The Lake is huge. I still have difficulties to believe that it is really a lake and not an ocean.


Friday we went for a day kayaking. We paddled to a beautiful bay where our guide talked us into rock jumping. We spent a couple of hours there with snorkeling, eating delicious food which was prepared for us directly at the beach and playing volley ball.
Fooling around in the water with our ball we were joined by almost twenty young boys. Playing with them in the water, distributing sun cr�me or chasing them around was my absolute highlight of the day.
We finished the trip feeding sea eagles with fish and returned home just in time to have our sun downers. Our last evening we spent �as usual- at a bar.

One day of chilling again and the last two days of our trip we spent mainly on busses, Dalas and even bikes to return back to Dar es Salaam.
What a pity!